Saturday, September 1, 2012

On the Slow Boat to China

Sierra Star Photo by Tiffany Tuell
  I know that last week I said that I would be sending my next blog from China, but that is just not the case.  The week started out promising, by our tenants moving into our home and us saying goodbye to our pets.  We then moved into the Gallagher's home expecting to leave on Tuesday for San Francisco.  We were then to register our paperwork from China with the Chinese consulate in San Francisco.  We would then be jumping on a plane with my sister in law and niece on Wednesday.  Well, it didn't quite work out that way.  As I write this, I am still sitting in the Gallagher's living room.  Who knew that the Chinese government would not follow our plan.  They held off the paperwork on the very politically vocal part of our family, Cecelia and the Girls.  The background check on Claire and Taylor must have been intense.  Thank goodness though, we received the email that all of our paperwork was complete and that it is on its way.  So we are going to Sacramento to see my brother for an evening and then spending two nights with friends in San Francisco.  It is then onto a plane out of San Francisco on Wednesday.
  You can imagine how stupid we felt sitting in front of Starbucks on Thursday morning reading the article about us leaving for China while we were still here.  At least the boat is moving toward China again.  Thanks to those of you that kept encouraging us while we were frustrated.  We want to especially thank Dan and Tricia Gallagher for their generosity.  It sure made the wait bearable to be able to sleep in a bed.  Other than some unforeseen error that is out of our control I will be writing you from China next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment