Sunday, June 9, 2013

Preparing For The Journey Home


Migratory Cranes of China.  They migrate every couple of years from one high rise project to the next.  Kirsten Keyser warned us about these creatures being around.  Amazing how many of them flock together.
 Hello Everyone.  I hope this week finds you all getting ready to enjoy those lazy days of summer.  I sat last night reading the Facebook about the Yosemite High Graduation Ceremony.  I couldn't help feel a bit homesick thinking of those seniors that I had spent the last few years with.  So I want to dedicate this blog to those that are graduating and moving to the next chapter in their lives.  Good luck Jordan Keyser, Paige Ronk and Austin Claybaugh.  I am proud of all of you and look forward to watching you follow your dreams.  If there are any I have forgotten please forgive me and accept my congratulations.
Yosemite underclassmen wish this was available in Oakhurst

  I also got a little nostalgic looking at the picture of the Class of 2013 from the bleachers and thinking to myself.  "I can't believe it has been an entire year that I was sitting in that stadium with the Class of 2012."  It just seems like the year has flown by, but I guess that happens when you are having the experience of a lifetime. 
  From the title of this week's post, you can probably guess what I am going to share.  So, grab a cold drink and get ready, because it isn't all what you might think.

  SCHOOL:  This week we had a great seven day work week in preparation for The Dragon Boat Festival.  We get five days off next week, but have another seven day week following the festival.  So in reality we only get one day off.  Such is the life of a school teacher in China.
This is a Troybuilt rototiller on steroids.  I need one of these on the O Hacienda.

  ADVENTURES:  Well, we didn't really have any adventures to share with you this week, because as I mentioned before we are working seven days in a row. But we have a saying here in China, "Everyday is an Adventure living here."   So with that being said, I did a bit of photo journalism this week and am going to share with you some of the interesting things we see each day, that we won't ever see in the United States.  But before we get to that, I have some really cool news to share with you. 

Firesuit, check.  Helmet, check.  No way I am getting on that portable bomb for a job.  His name must be Chang Knievel Liang!!!!

  First, so that you are all clear.  THE PLANE TICKETS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED TO COME HOME!!!!!!  We will be returning on July 8th at 8 pm in San Francisco.  We should be at home in Oakhurst late that night, since for us it will be 11 am for our body clocks.  They say the jet lag isn't as bad going back toward the west.  I hope not, since I hated the lag coming east.  Cecelia tells me we are only flying two hours and testing Eiensteins theory of relativity.  Somehow I don't think it is the same time travel thing.  But before we come home, we still have some things to do.
Hey!!!  We found Towmator.
  I can share with you that I am busily working on revising my book.  One of the publishers that I met with this last week wants to buy the copyrights to the English and Chinese version.  They also want to start with a 5000 book contract to begin with.  They want pictures and a little bit more writing to be done.  I want to get it done, before we leave China.
  During our next 7 day week, we plan on taking a day off to go see the Li River and the surrounding area.  It is supposed to be a beautiful wildlife and scenic area in China.  There are geographic rock formations that are unique to this part of China.
  During our five days off, we are going on an adventure that will be a surprise for next week's blog.  This week is the Dragon Boat Festival, but we will be doing something a bit more spectacular.  I think I will have to do a bonus blog to get it all in for the week.  (How is that for a teaser?!!)
  Finally, I have been hired to be the lead coach at a golf camp in Xian during the first week of July.  I will be flying there the day after school is out for me on June 28th.  Cecelia and the girls are going to come with me for part of the week.  If you don't know what is important about Xian, it is the home of the Terra Cotta Soldiers.  I am not going to elaborate about them now, but this is a pretty significant site in Chinese history.  You can Google about it, if you just can't wait until July.
Who says Sparklet's Employees have to be young and buff.
  In typical Oetinger fashion we are going to pack in as much as we can before we leave.  I am really looking forward to sharing the next few weeks with you.
  Despite the upcoming adventures, we are in countdown mode and are really looking forward to coming home to our friends and family.  Much love to all of you and we will see you sooner than you think!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment