Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jumping Back in with Both Feet!!!

The Guest House
  Well this week was all about getting things back together and transitioning into our lives in Oakhurst.

  SCHOOL:  It's back.  For those of you that have been following along, this section has been missing for a few weeks.  But alas, it must return.  Even though it has returned, it isn't all that exciting.  The only thing to report is the coaches' meeting that I had to attend on Thursday evening.  Even though it feels a little soon to be jumping back into the fray, I have felt the internal excitement that I get this time of year to see my girls golf team and begin the process of steering the girls toward being good golfers and fine young women in our community.  Despite being gone for the year, we have a promising outlook to repeat as league champions once again.  This would be our tenth in a row.

My Old Project
  ADVENTURES:  This week's adventures are centered around getting involved in some of the things that we did before we took our Odyssey to China.  So it started with Claire going to soccer practice to try out with the travel soccer team.  She also decided that she was enjoying golf and wanted to enter an upcoming tournament.  With her entering the tournament, it means practice everyday until then.  She then spent the night with some friends and has been inundated with invitations to get together.
  Cecelia continued her quest to get our house back into shape.  With new carpet and light bulbs replaced, she went on a quest to wash or paint every square inch on the inside of the house.  By the end of the weekend, she only had two rooms to finish.

  Taylor spent the week doing technology things, like setting up two computers in her room on her own.  She did ask me for help at one point, but I was busy and then the next thing I know she didn't need my help after all.  She had them connected and hooked without me.
  I on the other hand did what I do best.  I played golf four days in a row and made a deal to start our newest project.  I am not going to tell you what it is, but I will include a picture and you can guess.
Guess What this is going to be!!!!!
  This is a very short blog, but I will be saving up as we head into school in a couple of weeks.
  I am a little saddened by the approaching end to my blog.  I have never really enjoyed writing, but it has given me a pleasure that I never thought I would experience.  The last blog will be a recap of our experience and some thoughts on what we have learned from our adventure.
  I have a couple of requests before I end the blog.  The first is to ask you to share the blog with your friends.  I have a selfish reason behind this request and it doesn't have anything to do with anything, other than my own pleasure.  When I started the blog, I didn't really think that anyone would read it other than my friends back home.  But over time, I have made many new friends world wide and I have received some great comments from people I had never met.  Their comments helped to inspire me to keep writing.  So with that being said I would like to end the blog with 10,000 reads worldwide.  It is not a big number at all in the big scheme of things, but it would give me a real sense of satisfaction.  Other blogs get hundreds of thousands of readers and followers in comparison so I am asking for help with this one little thing.
  The other request I will be describing to you in the next couple of weeks is going to be about helping with a project in the Philippines.
  So until next week, I leave you with the puzzle of what my next project at home will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment